[TR] TR4 Dwell Angle

Jim cartr4a at ameritech.net
Thu Aug 14 14:30:18 MDT 2008

A few years ago in an issue of the VTR magazine there were copies of service manuals dealing with emmisions.  The dwell setting for the TR4 and TR4A was listed at 60 degrees (+/- 3).  I always ran my TR4A at 60 and it seemed to work out well.

  Jim
  '68 GT6 MKI
  http://www.geocities.com/britishiron2000

Brian.L.Jones at gsk.com wrote:
  Setting the breaker points' gap accurately is a little tricky, especially
for not-new contacts that exhibit pitting / build up. I have read that
correcting dwell angle is more accurate than setting points oin this way.

What would be the correct dwell angle for a TR4?

While I have found multiple references for a TR6 at 35 degrees (+/- 3
degrees). I found one reference to TR4, at 60 degrees(+/- 3 degrees) on a
website I have no reason to trust.

Could someone please confirm?

Many thanks,

Brian