[TR] TR3 H6 jet lever

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Aug 12 23:21:52 MDT 2008

> The pin at this location is about 1/8 inch in diameter
> however the hole in the lever is about 3/8 inch.

I didn't bother measuring one, but that sounds about right.  It's supposed
to be hugely loose, the lost motion allows the fast idle cam to raise the
idle rpm before the lever starts to pull the jet down.

> Is the hole suppose to be larger or has this just worn itself
> away?

If it is worn, the hole will no longer be round.  You'll see a notch in one
side just the size of the pin.

> As most of the openings appear to be oversized due to wear, I
> was thinking of filling them in and drilling them out to the
> correct size.

You'll be sorry ...

Randall