[TR] 74 TR6 U-Joint Needs Replacement

Marty Clark marty.tr6 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:02:56 MDT 2008

I need to replace my rear U-Joint (explains the vibrations I've been feeling
the last week). I was going to have a 4 wheel alignment done but they said
to bring it back after I fixed the U-Joint issue that they discovered. They
test drove the car and then put it on the rack and aftershowing me the
U-Joint they did a quick inspection to see if anything else obvious needed
replacement but they didn't see anything . Besides replacing the U-Joints
are there any related projects I should think about doing at the same time
without going nuts? The car is just about to turn 49,000 miles. I replaced
the rear trailing arm bushings and shocks last year.

How involved is replacing the U-Joints, I've never done this and I'm not
real experienced on working on cars? Anyone besides the big three to look at
purchasing them from?

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U