[TR] Tires for a TR3?

AA00727 at aol.com AA00727 at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 21:07:57 MDT 2008

It's time for me to pick a tire brand / size for my '61 TR3. I have
Panasport 15" X 5" wheels and want to go with a wider than original tire.  Any advice
on tires you other TR3 drivers are using would be appreciated! I hope  to stay
close to the original diameter to keep the speedo more accurate but I'd  be
able to have it re calibrated if required. What's the widest size that works?
What brands have you had a good experience with? I don't plan on racking up a
lot of miles so grip is a higher priority than long life.
 Thanks!
 Gary

Read reviews on AOL Autos.