[TR] Wire Wheel Question

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Mon Aug 11 12:57:39 MDT 2008

Hi Alex,
     I bought a used set on MOSS Dunlops (made in India) from a lister. The
wheels were low miles and still had the stickers on them. I put them on used
apparently good hubs. Everything was great at first, but within 20,000 miles
the wheels were out of round and clunking on the hubs. I also broke two
spokes.
     I recently bought some Dayton SS wire wheels from British Wire Wheel in
Fresno. They  came with Vredestein tires properly mounted and balanced. I love
the package. It was pricey, but you get what you pay for. No complaints with
how it all turned out. I also mounted them on new hubs using Copaslip
antisieze as they recommended. No tubes were needed. This was definitely the
way to go for me.
    Good Luck,

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA