[TR] TR6 will not idle when hot

robert rudolphi robertrudolphi at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 08:24:40 MDT 2008

Hi all,
I have been having a fairly constant problem with my 74 TR6. The car
starts from cold well and runs great but once it is fully warm it does not
like to idle. If I pull up to a stop light after the car is fully warmed up,
the idle will slowly drop and the car will stall. It seems to be worse after I
stop for a short period of time and then begin driving again.  I am not sure
if it is fuel or electrical. It is running stock carbs and a 20 year old Lucas
Sports Coil. I also recently added one of the carb heat shields which seemed
to have no effect. It does have electronic ignition. The carbs were rebuilt 15
+years ago and I have not touched them since. In every other way the car runs
great. I would love to send the carbs off of be completely rebuilt and
polished by Paltech and hope to do that over the winter,  but would like to
see if the list thinks this may be related to something else that I can try to
fix.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Robert
Robert Rudolphi