[TR] Wire Wheel Question

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Sun Aug 10 22:46:21 MDT 2008

From: "John & Pat Donnelly" <pdonnel1 at san.rr.com>
> It's my understanding that the major difference between the two is the
> spokes. The Dunlop's are chrome plated, while the Dayton's are straight
> stainless.

Yes.  Stainless spokes are better than chromed steel due to hydrogen embrittlement.

Also:  A Dayton engineer told me that the painted steel wheels are both stronger and stiffer than the chrome.  The threads on the stainless can't be torqued as tight.

--
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata C package
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier