[TR] Wire Wheel Question

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Sun Aug 10 22:39:29 MDT 2008

From: Alexander Delis <ols at bcdef.net>
> Hello all.
>
> I am thinking about getting a new set of wire wheels to replace the
> old and tired ones on my TR3.
>
> The two player are the Dunlop and the Dayton. I want the 60 spoke painted.

Good choice.  Looks stock and is stronger than the chrome.

> I have had people tell me that the Daytons are superior to the
> Dunlop,

Absolutely.

>but the were not able to tell me why;

The Daytons are made with stronger materials and are strung more tightly.

>I have had people tell
> me there is no difference in quality between the two.

They are misinformed.

> I can get a much better deal on the Dunlops than I can on the Daytons.

False economy.

Dunlop instructions:
"True the wheels when you get them and again at 100 miles."

Dayton instructions:
"These wheels should never need truing."

OK, where are you going to take them to get them trued?
How much is it going to cost?

This is one time to buy American, not Indian.

--
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata C package
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier