[TR] Temp Gauge Capillary Tube

Scott Suhring suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 10 16:49:40 MDT 2008

What is the proper way to secure the temp gauge capillary tube to the gas
line? I have the aluminum "clips" and wrote notes when I disassembled them,
but just cannot seem to get a tight fit. Also, it seems like the clip has
about 6 inches of excess if you wrap the strip around the tube and pipe. Do
you cut off the excess?  In some pictures, it looks like there is a piece of
rubber hose under the clip, but the parts manual or catalogs do not show
this. Lastly, is this a secure fit with the clips or more to just hold the
tube relatively close to the pipe?  Any insight on how to do this properly
is greatly appreciated.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6