[TR] A question and a request

Bryan Loy paradise.712002 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 18:05:05 MDT 2008

Hello the list.  I have a question involving my steering rack.  I had a new one installed, and there is a lot of play in the wheel.  I was told by a very nice fellow that owns a TR4 that there are some washers that can be removed from the shaft that allows is to sit closer into the steering rack, thereby eliminating the play in the steering wheel.  Is this correct on a 71 TR6 as well?  Also is this a difficult job, and can it be done by most any competent mechanic?
  Also, for some reason I have lost the link to the site that asks what kind of car you are.  I was a Miata, now my girlfriend wants to know what kind of car she is.  If someone would be kind enough to resend I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance,
Bryan