[TR] Sears Engine Analyzer 161.216300 Instructions

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 8 14:37:04 MDT 2008

> A green lead, ending in a crocodile
> clip;

That's the point lead.

> a double lead that ends in a metal plate that looks like a door
> lock striker plate (probably to measure alternator output).

Or any other current you care to measure.

> It also
> has a 2-inch wire with male and female spade connectors, one at each
> end.

I'd guess that's part of the current probe, to be inserted into the circuit
and mated to the "striker plate" mentioned above.

> I find it rather surprising in the internet age, that Sears have not
> made instructions for their products available online for download.

How long do you suppose that model has been obsolete, 30 years?

> hints at a dinosaur lurching to its
> final demise.

Could be, but just try downloading a datasheet for an Intel 8080, which is
newer than your analyzer...

Randall