[TR] Subject: tr-3 forward rear leaf spring bolt

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 23:14:17 MDT 2008

Many years ago I broke the main leaf on one side, forward of the axle.  I
decided to drive home several hundred exciting miles before replacing the broken
main leaf.

I used a threaded rod screwed into the threads in the inner end of the pin, a
half inch drive socket that fit over the pin boss and pin, two greased flat
washers, and a good nut on the pulling threads.  The socket did
leave a slight mark in the frame.

It was a good thing that I did this at home, as it took many hours with
penetrating oils,  a small torch,
and the knock-off hammer to free the pin from the spring bush, let alone the
frame.

 Anti-rust lube is a must.  I was able to change a failed spring eye bush at
the race track in short order with the same socket trick years later.

Hardy          See you at the Glen?

Read reviews on AOL Autos.