[TR] TR4 help, coling fan

Steven Newell steven at newellboys.net
Wed Aug 6 15:18:35 MDT 2008

Peter C wrote:

>Hello luminous listerati, I had a gentleman at our counter yesterday ask me I'm unsure of. Does the cooling fan push or pull through the radiator?  The obvious (to me) answer is pull, but his pushes. Is that right? He's trying to solve hot fuel issues in his ZS carbs, but if the fan is wrong, I think we'd start there.

Ah. The stock, nearly flat, 4-blade fan NEITHER pushes nor pulls through
the radiator. Some might say it sucks, but rather it gently wafts air
around the engine compartment, and as an added benefit blows oil leaking
from the front main seal back across the engine block to provide even
rust proofing.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
1 Triumph, 3 BMWs: when a BMW leaks, there's a problem.