[TR] TR4 help, coling fan

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 11:24:43 MDT 2008

From: "Randall" <tr3driver at ca.rr.com>
> > His might be quite rare.
>
> Rare indeed!  But I owned an Audi once that had a mechanical fan that blew
> through the radiator...

Sure.  Classic Mini Coopers do that, too.  The air comes in the front of the car into the engine bay and filters out through the radiator into the wheelwell.  Therefore the fan, whether electric or mechanical, removes air from the engine bay.

But we knew we were talking about a Triumph, where the air comes in the front of the car, goes through the radiator into the engine bay and dissipates from there.

If Triumph had not been so cheap, they could have put the air-exhaust vents on all the cars instead of just a few special rally cars.

--
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata C package
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier