[TR] Air management valve.

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 08:04:58 MDT 2008

Hi Randall,

Substitution is not a really practical option since the air management (AMV)
valve cost $280.00.  The engine is a 460 C.I. Ford.  I am still having trouble
getting it to pass smog.  This has not been a problem since I rebuilt the
engine twenty years ago and the engine is still in good operating condition.
One vacuum check had it running at 19 - 20 Lbs. of vacuum.

My question stems from the fact that I replaced the air management valve as
one of the first repairs I did to the car this year.  However, on my first
attempt to start the engine after installing the new AMV the engine back fired
through the carb.  When it did that I saw a puff of fluid come out of the new
AMG.  I am wondering if I ruined the new AMG on the first attempt.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Best regards,
Tom