[TR] TR3 as a 1st Car

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Sat Aug 2 14:21:20 MDT 2008

Hey Guys,
What a hoot!  Took the 3B out for a run today, first to the auto parts  store
and then to the car wash.  A guy literally followed me into the car  wash and
proceeded to tell me all kinds of stories of how his first car was a 62  TR3.
I asked him if it was a B but he really didn't know.  He said he  bought it
for $450 when he was 16 drove it for a year then sold it for $750 only  because
a guy was bugging him so much and had to have. He said it was very  reliable
never had a problem with it. When I popped the bonnet the guys eyes  bugged
out and I believe we will have another Triumph owner in the near  future .

Then I stop at he Booze store to stock up for the upcoming NATC,  picked up
some Old Leg Hummer for Marty's Brew Swap, ( So Many Legs So Little  Time) and
dang it the guy there doesn't tell me that his first car was a  TR3A.  He said
he paid $400 bucks for it for it needed a drive shaft, drove  it for 3 year
and the bought a TR4A. He was focused on Triumphs are big time  better than
MG's for he like the torque that Triumphs offered. I just said  variety is the
spice of life and with MG's you have the rubber bumper and chrome  bumper and we
all know what we have with our Triumphs.

Darrell

Read reviews on AOL Autos.