[TR] outtie flares and need an rpv valve ?

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 27 21:18:58 MDT 2008

My TR3 is months awazy from ready.  I have, however, been hooking up brake
stuff that I rebuilt several years ago to see if it works!  I've been using
old brake line for these tests, and 'trial' temporary fittings.

My new SS brake lines still adorn the spare bedroom.  One section of it, the
piece going from the M/C down to the 5-way, has a different flare on it.  I
guess you could describe both of the flares on this line as 'outies' whereas
all the other brake-line flares are 'innies'.  (This description is borrowed
from people's 'naval's'.)  The innie looks like a tiny funnel.  an outie is
the opposite like a 'rounded bottom'.  This change seems odd.
    I know that the 5-way end of this particular brake line is suppose to go
to a tall gray RPV valve.  I can't find it!!  I'll continue looking, but, if
anyone has a spare then,  I'll pay for it.  I've heard that although the RPV
valve's guts are taken out, it's got slightly different threads so it's still
essential to use it,  otherwise, a leak still occurs.

Can someone advise?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey, 60 TR3

    I know it has been said before