[TR] TR3 fuel line dilemna

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 22 14:42:06 MDT 2008

Yikes!  I just spoke with Classic Tube.  They said the 3 piece SS 5/16th" fuel
line that I ordered for $140 was only for the line from the tank to the fuel
pump.  It would be $40 more for the 1/4" line from the fuel pump to the carbs.
I said no thank you, "I'll stick with my rubber tubing".  Also, the salesman
said that he didn't have a schematic as to how they go on the TR3A.  Can
someone help me with the UNIDENTIFIED #3 piece shown below?
    The 3 pieces of SS  5/16" line they sent me include:
#1.   a 3' line which includes a right hand turn about 15" from the FUEL TANK
END (I ordered R side tank draining at special request)
#2.  a 5' line which attaches to #1 (above), and at the other end gradually
turns up 4" for the FUEL PUMP
  AND NOW FOR THE UNIDENTIFIED PIECE:
#3.  a 7 inch line in the shape of a curved right angle   - WHERE DOES THIS
PIECE GO???

Thanks to Andrew U. I have a pic of a rusted out chassis with remanents of a
fuel line (which doesn't show #3!  Also, this piece does not connect the SU
carbs to each other.
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A TS71318