[TR] Armstrong shock oil

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Apr 21 16:50:30 MDT 2008

> >I have the rear shocks off the Six and want to replace the oil in them. What
> >is recommended for use in the lever shocks? A single or multi weight? I
> >remember in an earlier thread someone recommended going to
> >the local Harley shop
> >for shock oil.

Peter, when I restored my TR3A, I did exactly that.  Am right now looking at a plastic pint of Harley Hydraulic Fork Oil Type "B."  It took just half the pint bottle after emptying the lever arm shocks, to fill them back up again.  The remainder will be used for topping off now and again when I finish the garage.

Terry Smith
New Hampshire  (The 3 is washed, waxed, greased, oil changed, and alternator converted.  It gets inspected Thursday, then it's back on the road!)