[TR] TR4

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 20 15:33:55 MDT 2008

Hello,

Weil it was a nice weekend here in upstate NY so changed the oil, filter,
checked frontend alignment and a bunch of other stuff and took it out for a
ride.

Well it ran just wonderful. And a windy day felt good with the wind in the
face.

Just installed my new (well new to me) Lodge spark plug ends to match the set
I have on the 3. I sure like the looks of those plug ends and they fit real
tight. I was lucky to find a set on ebay a few weeks ago. Still had the
original wire with a Brit patent etc. Suppressor wires.

No problems to speak of except the new walnut shift knob came loose from its
metal nut. Had to remove it and get out the pb weld. Tried plumbers goop but
would not hold tight enough.

My fuel pump modification I installed earlier this winter is working just
fine. I mounted the pump at the tank (just under), and installed the
regulator on a plate which is fastened to the fuel pump plug made by Mr.
Curry If I remember correctly. Pressure is 2 psi. spot on.

ALso I might add that it is a bit easier to change the oil filter without the
AC fuel pump in the way!

It sure is nice to have a real spring for a change here in the north east!

Bob