[TR] 59 TR3A - Sputter Update

Peter C peter at nosimport.com
Thu Apr 17 08:36:52 MDT 2008

Alex,
         I've lost the original thread on this, BUT   If you have not
changed out the fuel completely recently, that could be a/the
problem. I, and others, have chased their tails looking for causes of
similar symptoms to eventually discover that while the gas was only a
few months old, it won't ignite!  Sooty plugs are normally an
indicator of either rich mixture or poor ignition, the soot being the
telltale of unburned fuel. But modern fuels are so unstable that they
won't burn and leave significant soot.
         If you have added a lot of new fuel, then look elsewhere as
you are doing. I'm embarrassed to say how much time and effort I
spent until I added fresh gas.

         Peter C.