[TR] SU leaks

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 15 11:25:20 MDT 2008

Scott,

I had this same issue with my recently finished '67 4a (HS6's) after I spent
countless hours and significant money on rebuild parts. I replaced the stock
needle valves with the gross jet ball valves - why? Seemed like they were
less prone to sticking closed. I found that if you didn't tighten these
valves really tight, they leaked around the seal, causing fuel to overfill
the bowl under pressure and leak out around the jet assembly and drip from
the bottom of it. I have since tightened the gross jets and now have a leak
free (fuel at least...) TR.

Hope this helps.

Brian

'67 TR4a