[TR] Hood/Bonnet Bolts

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Apr 12 18:47:03 MDT 2008

In a message dated 4/12/2008 12:44:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org writes:
> I'm putting the hood/bonnet back on and there's 6 long bolts and 2 short
> bolts. I've been cautioned not to mix them up. And while I took lots of nice
> pictures of the mounting brackets, I didn't make note of where the 2 short
> bolts go. I "think" the 6 long ones go 3 and 3 on the underneath of the hood
> while the short ones go 1 and 1 on the side on the hood. Is that correct?

Bob, the short ones go in on the side.  If you use too long a bolt there you
wind up with a little bump in the hood like mine.  I suggest you run them in
by hand and make sure they don't bottom out before they tighten.

Cheers

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6