[TR] Brake Bleeding & Adjusting

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Apr 8 20:45:43 MDT 2008

>I've been told that the majority of air
>bubbles that you see after purging the initial batch of them is from air
>coming in around the threads of the loose bleeder screw. As a result, it's
>best to use some Teflon tape on the bleeder screw threads. Comments?
>Suggestions?

The threads don't seal.  If you look at the bleeder screw you will see a
reduced diameter portion with a radial hole that leads to a hold that runs down
the center and out the end.  If the tapered end doesn't seat the bleed hole will
bypass the threads anyway.

It may be a good idea to put a little anti-sieze on the threads but sealing
them woun't buy you anything.

Cheers

Dave