[TR] Brake Bleeding & Adjusting

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Tue Apr 8 17:55:07 MDT 2008

A couple of brake questions:
1. I've installed a rebuilt servo, new m/c, rebuilt calipers, new rear
cylinders (0.75" bore) new Kevlar pads and shoes, new clips & springs and
new braided hose. So it's all new & now in need of fluif or fluid even. And
I'm going with Castrol GTLMA DOT4. I've been told that the majority of air
bubbles that you see after purging the initial batch of them is from air
coming in around the threads of the loose bleeder screw. As a result, it's
best to use some Teflon tape on the bleeder screw threads. Comments?
Suggestions?

2. Has anyone ever used this method
(http://www.vtr.org/maintain/brake-adjustment.shtml)? Does it work on a
newly installed system or is it just for adjusting after the initial old
fashioned way of tighten, spin, tighten some more, back off etc. If I'm
understanding it correctly, you just pull up the e-brake handle 3-4 clicks
and tighten each adjuster until snug. Release the e-brake and you're good to
go. Sounds too simple ;-)

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U