[TR] Who went driving this weekend? And also: Another Broken TR4 Vacuum Advance Line

fishplate at charter.net fishplate at charter.net
Mon Apr 7 06:57:28 MDT 2008

---- Oliver <sumton at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > Who went driving in a Triumph this weekend?
> >

> was out quite a bit on Saturday in the TR6; had the top (hood) up in the
> morning, but top down later in the day.

New tires on the Spitfire on Sunday, had to go test them out; it wasn't my first top-down outing this year though.

> in a few minutes i'm going to go
> run "the cloverleaf," a place where two interstates intersect and you can go
> round and round and round squealing tires (if you don't run into traffic).
> there are two such places i know of here in dallas/fort worth.
>
> look for them - they're fun!

When I lived in Atlanta, there was a series of exits on I-85 that had left lane crossovers...the extreme left lane of the exit led to a bridge over the interstate that dumped you back on the Interstate in the opposite direction.  You could go round and round and round without stopping, just like Talledega...

Jeff Scarbrough
Athens Ga.
Spitfires and a TR6