[TR] Who went driving this weekend? And also: Another Broken TR4 Vacuum Advance Line

Bob Berger bberger720 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 6 20:00:02 MDT 2008

I went for a short drive in my spitfire after having it surprise me.

Let me explain.  I tried to start it in December and after a number of tries
the starter stopped working and all I got was a click.  When I opened the
hood there was smoke coming out of the wire at the starter.  I grabbed my
fire extinguisher but no fire.  So  thought that I had let all of the smoke
out of the starter.

I finally had time to work on the car Saturday and I thought that I might as
well see if anything happens when I turn the key.  Lo and behold the starter
worked and I could not smell any smoke, so I cranked it and it started.

I let it warm up and it seemed happy and it was a beautiful day in St. Louis
so I took it for a short drive.

I guess I still need to try and find out what happened so that I don't burn
anything up but it sure made me feel better to drive it.

--
Bob Berger
78 Spitfire - Pageant Blue