[TR] Grill (TR4 rally)

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sat Apr 5 11:28:38 MST 2008

In a message dated 4/5/2008 10:10:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bill at rarebits4classics.co.uk writes:

Like  you, I have a decent supply of used Herald grilles, with more than  a
handful of NOS examples ready for future projects. Most of the used  grilles
I sell seem to end up in TR works replicas!
I was recently  informed that the grille material has been remade. It seems
that exactly  the same material was used by Aston Martin in the 1960s, take a
look  through google for images of the DB4 family ad you'll soon recognise
that  rille! Unfortunately, I've not been able to find out who makes it, so
Aston  Martin may be the only route to buying this new,

==AM==
Interesting. I think the originals were made by Wilmot-Breeden, so perhaps
they or some successor company is doing this?

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)