[TR] A few things Triumph List Related

BearTranserv at aol.com BearTranserv at aol.com
Thu Apr 3 13:05:55 MST 2008

In a message dated 4/3/2008 7:15:56 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
N197TR4 at cs.com writes:

I have  been meaning to ask Paul if he would able to bring his
TR3A project to the  Convention (NATC) as a 'restoration in process'. That
way
everyone could  meet Paul and assess his project. My contribution has been
modest, and  there must be more stuff he can use. Perhaps there could be
wrenching
session planned. Paul has his heart & soul in this project...just a  thought.
know it requires logistics and lodging and all of  that.

I don't know how many of you subscribe to Practical Classics magazine from
the UK, but a couple of issues ago it reported on a project I was involved in a
 little over a year ago.

A group from the Spridget list (AH Sprite and MG Midget) all met for a long
weekend in Anahiem, CA and completely assembled a list member's Bugeyed
Sprite.  He's had the paint and body work done, the engine rebuilt, and had  boxes
of labled parts standing by.  It went from bare tub to finished car  in two
days.  About 25 folks came from as far away as New Jersey and made  it happen.

This is a tough year for me as business is down and the boss expects me to
do something about it, but I'd be up for a Triumph trip.  The Spridget team
goes by OSHIT, Organization of Spridget Handymen In Transit.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay