[TR] A few things Triumph List Related

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Thu Apr 3 06:15:27 MST 2008

LOCKWASHERS & LOCTITE:   John Deere eliminated a lot of lockwashers. I really
dont know the study in detail, but it gave me cause to eliminate them. I am
glad I did.  Loctite usually goes with internal engine and driveline
components. (Randall, I dont use Loctite on most external engine components) Over 40
years of Triumphs has allowed me to make most of the mistakes that one can make,
which gives me EXPERIENCE.  (Lack of a Nylock Nut on my carb linkage had me
leaping over a fence at Turn Five, looking for a nut. I did find a piece of wire
and avoided the Dreaded Tow.)

PAUL DORSEY:   I have been meaning to ask Paul if he would able to bring his
TR3A project to the Convention (NATC) as a 'restoration in process'. That way
everyone could meet Paul and assess his project. My contribution has been
modest, and there must be more stuff he can use. Perhaps there could be wrenching
session planned. Paul has his heart & soul in this project...just a thought. I
know it requires logistics and lodging and all of that.

B.S. SCHALLER:  He is another one of those guys I didnt get to meet and wish
I had.

ROBERT B HOUSTON:   KUBOTA?   Bad guess, since Robert knows I retired from
John Deere.....but he may have been pulling my chain.  :-)

Back to work....on five Triumph Projects. There are four in one garage and
one in Laramie. So much for retirement.

Joe A

   </HTML>