[TR] FW: TR3 rear fender stay

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Thu Apr 3 04:25:35 MST 2008

Interesting.  As I move closer to reassembly I have "dry mounted" my  rear
fenders and find no such piece, or provision for it.  The rear most  machine
screw in the boot opening has a captive nut that is welded to the inner  lip of
the outer fender.  It is (was) elongated to allow for lateral  movement of the
nut fore and aft.  Could these have been eliminated in  later cars?  The lower
stay is there as illustrated.  Had you guys not  brought this up I would have
assembled without a thought.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO