[TR] [6pack] Assorted Fastener Questions

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Apr 2 15:49:36 MST 2008

In a message dated 4/2/2008 5:26:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:
> Joe, do you still use Loctite on things like exhaust manifold bolts ?  I
> always thought it didn't work well at high temperatures ...

That would be about as effective as using nylocks.

Heat is a common method of getting locktighted fasteners back apart.  I've
had to resort to that on a couple occasions.

Maybe that's one of the "redesign" fastening methods, use a clamp of some
sort where the threaded fasteners is not subjected to the full heat.

Dave