[TR] Gunst & Borg & Beck Update

BearTranserv at aol.com BearTranserv at aol.com
Sun Sep 30 08:16:36 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/29/2007 9:01:07 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
acekraut11 at aol.com writes:

Also  unfortnately, I cant figure out if that is the problem without removing
the  gearbox and doing surgery.? I will drive with it for a bit and monitor
it to  see if it gets better or worse.

Aaron

Now's a good time to learn to double clutch Aaron.  My Ford pick up  has 3rd
gear synchro  getting sloppy and a straight shift from second to  third will
grind. A momentary pause in neutral on the way to third, while  letting the
clutch peddle up briefly, makes the shift smooth and quiet.

I spent a few years driving 10 speed trucks, most of the time not using the
clutch except to start moving ( I don't suggest this in our cars) and learning
 to double clutch as necessary, going up and down the gears.

Try it, and with practice, it will become second nature and you can put off
the transmission work for some time.

Robert Houston