[TR] SpeedWOE

acekraut11 at aol.com acekraut11 at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 16:17:15 MDT 2007

 Hi List,

No, that isnt a typo and I am not imitating Elmer Fudd.? After converting my 4 speed gearbox to OD with a Volvo J-Type OD I am trying to get the speedo to read the correct speed.? Today I replaced the speedo gear to try to get my speedo to read accurately.? There was an 18 tooth gear and I replaced it with a 20 tooth gear.? No such luck.? It still reads at least 10mph or so high.? It was hard to tell since it was bouncing quite a bit.? Or at least it was bouncing until it stopped completely.? Not sure what is wrong but I pulled the end of the cable off the speedo and driving the car in the driveway did not turn the speedo cable.? So I am guessing that the speedo cable either broke somewhere or the speedo gear I replaced failed.? Insert heavy sigh here.? Time to explore again and figure out what is going on.? I had a tough time getting the speedo end of the cable off the end of the speedo.? I am wondering if the cable seized in the speedo causing the cable to break somewhere.? Sound possible?? Any thoughts welcome.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108