[TR] Pertronix installation

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Sep 28 19:54:08 MDT 2007

>    In the directions for the pertronix unit, it says that for
> cars with a ballast resistor, the red wire should be
> connected between the ballast resistor and the ignition
> switch.  On a late model TR6 it's buried in the wiring
> harness.  Has anyone done this, or should I just connect it
> to the coil?

While I have not done it, I believe Pertronix has good reason for specifying
that the module gets a full 12v.  Their troubleshooting procedure even says
that low voltage to the module is the most common problem.

Easiest solution is probably to run a new wire from the red wire of the
Pertronix over to the white wire at the fuse block.

Randall