[TR] tri metal bearings

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Sep 28 17:48:32 MDT 2007

> > I just purchased +.010 rod and main bearings from TRF. I removed the TRF
> > label from the side of the box and found a label that says "King". The
> > bearing shells are are stamped with "Country". I also thought that this
> > was curios.
> >
> > I checked on line and the King Bearing web site says nothing about any

This reminds me of another question around bearings:  was it 20K miles or 50K miles that it is recommended to change the rod bearings after a rebuild, using of course the original size you used for the rebuild?  (I suppose that it would make best sense to ensure you use the same brand too, in order to accommodate any very minor differentiations between them?)

Main bearings aren't touched, right?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire