[TR] 57 TR3 head studs not lined up?

Jeremiah Curry jercurry at comcast.net
Thu Sep 27 21:23:18 MDT 2007

Howdy all,

I am getting ready to put the head on my TR3 for the first time since I got
it.  A few weeks ago I went to put the head gasket on and found that the
holes in the gasket didn't exactly line up with the holes studs.  I figured
the studs must be bent, so I stopped and ordered new ones.  However after
putting the new studs in I find the same problem, maybe a little less
severe, but the same problem.  I don't know if I can even get the gasket on
without tearing it to pieces.

Has anyone else seen this before or have any insight?

thanks,
Jeremiah