[TR] TR6 boggs down....

Bob rpeglow at optonline.net
Thu Sep 27 17:44:29 MDT 2007

Guess who is back.

After getting my confidence in the car up a bit I decided to push it harder.

Here what I found: I can accelerate in any gear to 4000 RPM, not tried for
more RPM than that yet. Sometimes, the car just won't accelerate. Stepping
on the gas pedal I hear the engine sound change and the car won't increase
speed. I called this bogging down. It happens between say 2000 and 4000 RPM.
If I let off on the gas pedal and back on (not punching to floor) maybe 1, 2
or 3 times the car takes off very nicely. If I am running at 55 and press
the gas pedal the car will smoothly run right up to 75. Did not push the car
past that, next time. It will cruise steady at any speed.

Thanks for your thoughts. Bob