[TR] a new clunking noise

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Sep 25 18:52:26 MDT 2007

Thanks for the quick repsonse, Bob.

On 25 Sep 2007 at 20:12, Bob Labuz wrote:
> There couldnt be enough vibration to cause one of those plates
> to loosen at least not without ripping a hole in the tank skin.

Ah, maybe those 1.8g turns I took going around the Bourne rotary
coming home from Cape Cod last weekend?

> Is the gas gauge still working?

I believe so.  The guage has had a peculiar behavior for a while but
I think it still works the same way it did.  [It reads lower than it
should as the fule level drops but reads correct when the tank is
full.  I would think a bad float would read low with full tank too.
It did this once before but when I cleaned all the lectrical
terminals it seemed to read okay again.  So I've interpreted it as
lectrical.  Anyway, it seems to be the same now as it was last week.]

> Did someone put a golf ball or other foreign object in the tank?

Hmmmmmmm.  When I got gas on the way to the Cape the non-drip spout
seemed to hang up in the cap, and when I pulled it out it kept
dribbling gas like a runny nose.  I wonder if something from the gas
nozzle fell off into the tank!

Tanks again.

--
Jim Muller