[TR] New Distributor for TR 2-4 ? Rebuild Rocker Assembly ?

A Daniel Cronin adcronin at ameritech.net
Tue Sep 25 15:12:26 MDT 2007

Bob Sarama rebuilt my dist. and recurved it and checked out the advance as well with a neet Advance curve chart/printout or all advance settings--at about half the BPNW price.  You can contact him at lucasdistributors at yahoo.com

Anthony Rhodes <spamiam at comcast.net> wrote:
  Jeff, I have been wondering the same thing about those new dizzies.

You saw my previous questions about ignition advance curves... Not all 25D4
units are the same. Not at all!

And, it almost appears that there is ONE new unit that applies to all 25D4
applications. I am not sure that this is actually true, but I am very
suspicious.

But for that price, it might not be bad to order one then look at it.
Hopefully it will have markings on it to tell what its parameters are. Like
the 2-6-3 on the vacuum unit, and the 10 on the advance mechanism. But then
it is anybody's guess what the spring rates are controlling the advance
curve!

It might be better to send out your current unit to get it rebuilt. BTW,
who is the guy that was listed here who does a good job rebuilding these
units including new vacuum units?

-Tony

----- Original Message ----- > Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:28:40 -0700

adcronin at ameritech.net