[TR] Bad Starter?

Greg Perry rgperry at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 24 12:34:52 MDT 2007

Darrell,

I just went through this exact same intermittent problem.  In my case it was the
starter solenoid.  The  large copper contacts inside the solenoid between the large
lugs were slightly pitted causing a drop in amperage.  I took apart the solenoid
and filed the copper bar contacts flat again and reassembled the solenoid.  Works
every time now!  One has to unsolder the coil connections on the cover to get it
apart after taking the screws out.

Greg Perry