[TR] Body-Off Return Response

Doug dougfr at comcast.net
Mon Sep 24 10:13:13 MDT 2007

Thanks for the response to date.
I am a little beyond that in that I have the body mounting kit per TRF and I
have the TRF book, Plate FA, which shows the order that the parts go at each
location.
What Plate FA does not show, for instance, is for the front mounting kit,
there are four thin rubber/canvas pads - two per side.  (Plate number FA1,
Part Nbr. 601994)  Does one rubber pad go below the fender and one above?
This seems like a small point but while reading 'Practical Classics & Car
Restorer - Triumph TR6 Restoration' they talk about shimming at various points
to ensure proper door spacing and ultimately being able to use the Rear
Mounting Kit.  Seems some TR6 frames can get hogged-backed.  'Practical
Classics & Car Restorer' says that you start at the front of the car and work
with the various mounting kits going aft.
Maybe I'm sweating the small stuff as I only have the front mounting kit
loosely installed yet and hope to have good luck with the door spacing (and
door window to windscreen spacing) in the next day or two.

Doug Fraser
69 TR6 - CC25304LO
Sammamish, WA