[TR] one shorter grose jet

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 23 19:00:48 MDT 2007

>     Also, where as one type of 'needle' was a 'grose jet'?

The Grose Jet uses balls instead of needles.

>     Another needle type is solid? (preferred by some due to
> smaller % of
> problems?)
>     Yet another type is multi-sided (is this the "Vitron Tip")?

"Viton" is a kind of synthetic rubber, usually black.

>     My collection has both brass and silver tips.

No Viton then.

> What originally came on the carbs?

I believe originals were simple round brass.

>  Were the improved tips
> really an improvement?

IMO, not enough to worry about.  I actively dislike Grose Jets as I've seen
them cause more problems than they solve; but all the others seem pretty
much equivalent as far as reliability and longevity are concerned.  The ones
with the spring-loaded plunger inside the "needle" seem like they might do a
better job of controlling fuel level under vibration and whatnot, but I
can't say I've seen any difference in practice.

Randall