[TR] one shorter grose jet

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Sat Sep 22 19:53:20 MDT 2007

I've got a small collection of used grose jets.  I think i'd prefer to use the
solid round ones because of folk's horror stories.  However, the two of those
in my collection are of different lengths and my favorite one of those "stands
proud" of the little brass tower about 1/8" when it is fully seated and upside
down..  It's my favorite cause it allows the silver arm/lever (the thing you
bend) to remain fairly straight from pin to float.
    The other solid grose jet is flush with the bottom of the 'tower' when
seated and upside down.  Because of this, the silver arm/lever needs to be
turned in several directions on it's way to the float.  I have an idea it's
the wrong lever length, in fact, Moss shows two types: one for original lids
and one for newer lids.  I hope this list will provide me with verifacation of
the lever needed.  I don't know what else might different between the original
and new lids.  In fact, I don't know if these are the original SU H6's-
perhaps someone can tell me what to look for?
    I also might have those multi-sided (like maltese falcon shape) grose jets
and two of the towers with metal balls 'floating'-at-the-top type grose jets.
But like I said, I may need to order another one of these so that the metal
lever is fairly straight.  I don't know of a reason to order both 'brand-new'
grose jets because these things really haven't seen wear.
    I think I have also seen a small amount of rust on the cadmium
arms/levers.  Beyond just rubbing/scrubbing/brushing this rust off, is there
anything else I should do?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A  TS71813L