[TR] re New Distributor for TR 2-4 ?

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Sat Sep 22 15:42:49 MDT 2007

Tony and Jeff,
An excellent TR distributor restorer is Bob Samara (his advert in VTR mag) or
do a Google search. I talked with Bob by phone for an hour before
recommending to my brother Dave.
He restored Dave's TR4-A dizzy and vacuum (last year) and they came out great
- arrived looking brand new and with a computer printout of curve behavior
'before' & 'after'. Dave says his motor runs beautifully. I think it was under
$150.
Can't recall exact car you were talking about - but if it's TR4 thru TR4A,
#40795 dizzy with vacuum unit marked 2-6-3 is the one to have.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

But for that price, it might not be bad to order one then look at it.
Hopefully it will have markings on it to tell what its parameters are.  Like
the 2-6-3 on the vacuum unit, and the 10 on the advance mechanism.  But then
it is anybody's guess what the spring rates are controlling the advance
curve!

It might be better to send out your current unit to get it rebuilt.  BTW,
who is the guy that was listed here who does a good job rebuilding these
units including new vacuum units?
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See what's new at http://www.aol.com</HTML>