[TR] TR6 speedometer needle

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Sat Sep 22 13:35:29 MDT 2007

Al,
I don't know about TR6 but on the TR4 speedo I had to pull speedo needle
firmly and straight and carefully, to get it removed from post. But prior to th
at
I suggest you release the 'rest stop' wire and see where the needle naturally
points to (to replicate on your recieving gauge). On my speedo and tach there
is a tiny white dot painted outside the big number range (slightly below '0'
mph) where I believe the needle should point to at rest (by retracting the rest
wire). The needle needs slight reverse tension to keep it reasonably stable
until car moves enough to raise it. If you don't 'pre-load' your needle I
believe your speedo will indicate slightly higher than actual speed.
Carl

I recently had part of the indicator needle on the speedometer break off.
I have a speedometer for spare parts.  I am hoping I can pull the needle from
one and put it on the other.  Just not sure how it comes off.
I just don't want to yank it off and destroy it in the process too.
Anybody BTDT.