[TR] TR4a ignition advance

spamiam at comcast.net spamiam at comcast.net
Fri Sep 21 13:43:52 MDT 2007

I saw the large listing of the Lucas dizzies by Chichak.  It looks as if he had access to some Lucas documents for this info.   It looks pretty reliable to me.

It indicates 4 RPM data.

225 rpm = zero degrees
350 rpm = 1 degree
600 rpm = 6 degrees
1200 rpm = 10 degrees

These seem to be referring to distributor RPM and degrees.  I now am pretty sure that the highest RPM listed represents "full" advance, too.

Also, I think that at the low RPM levels, the exact advance was pretty variable in these units, and this is why they specify static timing rather than strobe timing.

These numbers seem to make more sense than the zero at 500-1000 rpm.

-Tony

From: "Randall" <tr3driver at ca.rr.com>