[TR] test paint swatches

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Thu Sep 20 13:15:17 MDT 2007

Randall wrote:
> Put the "daily driver wanna be" in the paint shop a few days ago, hopefully
> it will be done in time for TRfest.  Supposedly it's going to take them 7-10
> days just to get "Lotus Racing Green Metallic" into the computer.
> Apparently, Lotus has their cars painted in Belgium, and the DuPont paint
> system they use there is not available in the US.  So, they are going to
> spray a test panel and computer-match it ...
>
> Randall

OOOoooooooh, New paint job ....  7-10 days!!  what PC are they using, an
Apple I?

That will be two freshly painted Stags at Triumphest, Chuck Kittleson
just got his out of the shop, paint is metallic poop ... ahhh errr,
Sienna - right metalic Sienna!  Might be metalic Russett.  Saddle
interior with a dark brown mohair top, gonna look great!

Just don't park too close to my orange peel cracked egg shell driver.
One of these days it will get new paint too.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)