[TR] need TR4A valve spring collars

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Wed Sep 19 14:58:22 MDT 2007

Thanks Randall,
I have photo showing both a 'double' and 'triple' Valve Spring Upper Collar
(sit on top of springs) and they look quite different (see attached pic). I
guess old ones could work in a pinch but still - can anyone sell me a good used
set of 4A valve spring upper collars? :-)
Cheers,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

Carl, are you talking about the retainers on top of the spring, or the
collars that go between the spring and the head ?
I could be mistaken, but as I recall, both of the "3 spring" collars can be
used with the later double-spring sets.  The extra step is simply unused.
It does make a snug fit into the inner spring, but works.  For a long time,
only double-spring sets were available, so I did the conversion back in 76
or so.
Randall