[TR] Turning Engine on Starter

Guy D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Tue Sep 18 14:14:34 MDT 2007

Listers,

I want to turn the engine off of the starter as the manual turning via the
dogbolt is a PITA.
No electrics are on the car at all.  Here is what I am thinking of doing:

1. Take my 14v AC to DC convertor box and hook the positive lead to the
starter's terminal, immitating the battery.
2. Plug the box in, thus providing juice to the starter's terminal.

Question is this, will the starter being mounted to the block be sufficient
for grounding,
in order to create the circuit needed to actuate the starter?

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins

Kennedale, Texas
1965 Triumph TR4A (CTC 63569LO)